Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Upload audio files to CP 150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael OConnor

Programmer
Sep 26, 2017
US
Greetings! Norstar Call Pilot 150. Where is the file folder for all the vbk audio files and how to upload the vbk files once they have been converted from wav or mp3? And how to access it. It's hooked up to the network but I am unable to find any file folders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Best,
Mike

It's not a windows platform where you use "File Explorer" or hold .wav files, only .vbk, but they are somewhat encrypted and/or a number file that is mixed with all the canned prompts.

You need to use Callpilot Player that comes with Desktop Messaging software.
CP player 2.50 I think was the one to use.

You open the .wav file with CP player, then Save As and the drop down will have the choice for .vbk
Then you use Callpilot Manager to upload (import) the .vbk file.

Recorded audio .wav files should be saved as:
• Bit Rate - 8 KHz
• Audio sample size - 16 bit
• Channels - 1 (mono)
• Audio format - PCM

Having said that, I have my own issues lately and believe I must be forgetting something...
When I do the above, no matter which laptop , callpilot or CP software....when I try to upload the file in CP manager it just hangs, does nothing!

It might be because you need to install the the actual Desktop Messaging and not just CP player.
Hopefully somebody shed some light on this.

Here is DM 2.50

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back