Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Upgrade my Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foodstamp

Technical User
Jul 30, 2000
US
I have a Abit KT7-A Raid board and I just got a hold of Win XP and I was told I need to do a bios Upgrade for it to run properly. I downloaded the Bios update from the Abit website and have everything ready. I never flashed my bios before and would like specific instructions on how to do it so I don't mess my board up. The instuctions on the site weren't very specific and I would like proper instruction. Thanks in advance.

When I have upgraded BIOS in the past, I install the files to a floppy disk and boot to it. All you really have to do is follow the instructions when the upgrade begins. Make sure that you have the correct version. I think I have seen it in the past that if you do have the wrong version to upgrade to, it won't proceed. Don't take my word for it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back