Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to upgrade EPO 3.5 to 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

maya14

Technical User
May 8, 2007
ZA
I'm running EPO 3.5 and which to upgrade to 4.0 or is it better just to a clean install of 4.0?

If you don't have too much policies to migrate and deviations to configure i would suggetst to install a clean 4.0 environment to ensure that you don't inherit any legacy faults and errors.

please check the readme if an upgrade is even possible from 3.5 to 4.0 directly

I think you may have to move up to 3.6 and then to 4.0 as the agent versions and support changes. 3.5 cannot handle the 3.6agent and also the console has changed in EPO3.6. However this process is going to be a bit long because you would have to upgrade to 3.6 then to 4.0 plus the install of sql2005express etc.

You should be able to export your policies out and import them to 4.0 though.

On the other hand.

It may be a good idea to get used to 4.0 and just go from scratch, basically setup a server and start deploying new agents to a few machines and when you have set up everything and have your policies working in 4.0 just do an install over the existing agent on your other machines as 4.0 comes with the new agent.

Again depends on you, just make sure that you install the agent in the same location used for the previous agent.

Zerious

"When all else fails call tech support we have all the answers to life and its mysteries!!!"

"The flux capacitor needs a photon fuse to bridge the molecular gap in your keyboard"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back