Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to update the Architect Business Layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shindhu

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2004
US
Hi

Currently we are developing the Architect Model by taking the data source as ERWIN datamodel.(Business layer is created by taking the source as the erwin logical model)
and this works fine.

My major concern over here is that if there are any database changes in the near future we will have to import the entire logical model(ERWIN) into the businesslayer

Is there any way to import only the tables required not the businesslayer?. It should be from erwin model.

It would be really greatful if you can help me on this

Thanks
Kishore

If you have minor changes, your best bet is to import that table or fields into the Data Access layer from your database. Then add it to your Business Layer manually.
If it is a large scale change, you'll have to decide whether it's worth destroying any of the work you've already done in the Business Layer, as you can only import the whole Erwin model, not just pieces.

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back