Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to update authorisation in cache with PHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryJones

Programmer
Jul 19, 2000
AU
Dear all,<br><br>I has a script where the user has to authorise themselves (eg: Username=fred Password=hi). When they are authorised, they gain access to their details.<br><br>HOWEVER, the user is allowed to update their password (eg: password changed to &quot;bye&quot;)!<br><br>This is a problem, as the user then returns to their details, & when reload informed that they are not authorised (password in cache isn't updated!) ... thus they must close the browser & relogin (a very bad thing!).<br><br>If anyone can inform me of how to update the Authorisation details ... please inform.<br><br>ALSO, if anyone knows how to remove username & password from cache, please inform (as it would allow user to logout ... without closing browser!).<br><br>Thank you all.

To update autorisation in the cache try by calling the page with a parameter like the hours (with seconds) (this parameter won't be used but for the browser it will be a different page every time than the pages in the cache). So in your link call your page with somethig like <br>detail.php3?hours=17:20:42

Dear all,<br><br>I only wish to update the users authorisation preferable without having the user to re-enter their password (it wouldn't look good, as they may come across this region of pages a dozen times in ten minutes & having to re-enter username & password would lose customers for my boss).<br><br>However, thank you for the attempt, I'll consider it as an alternative!<br><br>Yours Sincerely,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Terry F. P. Jones

Dear all,<br><br>I tried what &quot;aDomf&quot; adviced, and unfortunately it didn't work. It was a nice try, but PHP appearantly stores info on the basis of the Web address domain (eg: <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> anyone knows how to (either ... or both):<br>(a) Make it based on a value (such as &quot;Admin&quot; or &quot;User&quot;).<br>(b) Remove the cache info ...<br>... or anything similar<br><br>Please leave a message for me!<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back