Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to unzip a concatenated zipped file using PKUNZIP utility in MVS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsaro00

Programmer
Apr 18, 2005
US
Hi All,

I have a file in MVS which is a concatenation of 10 zipped files(concatenation of F1.zip, F2.zip... F10.zip). Each of these files are zipped separately using PKZIP utility.

But when I tried to unzip the above master file, I got only one file in the output dataset which is the unzipped F1.zip. All the other 9 files were not unzipped by PKUNZIP utility.

Can anybody please tell me whether there is a way we can unzip a concatenated zip file?

Thanks
DSARO00

What does pkunzip -? say about multi-volume? I seem to recall it needs a switch to unpack multi-volume zipfiles, but I don't use the old PKWare stuff any longer, and neither have it installed anywhere, so I can't advise further ATM.

HTH
TonHu

Although this thread has nothing to do with Cobol, I'd use WINZIP instead.

I don't think so but if you d/l the master zipped file to a PC, unzip each file and upload back into MVS.

when the files are concatinated instead of being (zipped zip files) there is zip file termination coding at the end of each file. So you may not be able to unzip the other files untill you can segregate the data. How big is the concatinated file?

I'd like to see your PKZIP control statements. IIRC, you should be able to select each file by name, and then associate each one to an output dataset.

I'd also be nice to know which version of PKZIP you're running.

Here some lines from a .bat file
One of zip file, include 3 files.
============
rem unzip files from unix host
pkunzip.exe -o c-tabl.zip
pkunzip.exe -o c-tach.zip
pkunzip.exe -o c-mech.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back