Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to UNLOCK a locked form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snehakevin

Technical User
Sep 14, 2003
SG
I added the project in sourcesafe in the same directory, all the forms in the project got locked.
Every time I open the project the forms are in locked mode only I could not do any changes....
How to unlock it?

Please help.

Check your files and remove the read only attribute. You can do this by right clicking on the file and selecting properties and uncheck the read only attribute, or by running the command console/MS-DOS Prompt and typing in...
[tt]
attrib -r <Drive:\Directory> /s
[/tt]
Or you can create your own project that loops through the files in a directory you specify and use the SetAttr function to set each of the files to vbNormal.

Please Read FAQ222-2244 (1 out of 7 with only 5 in your own threads)

Good Luck

If you check out the files you need to change from VSS then they will not be locked any more. And this will make sure it is easy to check the state of files from VSS. Checked out means you're makeing changes. Checked in means noone is making any changes at this time.

-Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back