Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Unload SureStore HP DLT40 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettz

Programmer
Jul 18, 2002
US
I inserted a tape into the drive to try to view its contents. I went to the backup tool to try to view the contents of that tape. In the restore tab I was trying to view what was on the tape. After clicking on one of the backup dates, it started trying to load the titles, but I aborted thinking it was trying to do a restore. Now, the SureStore HP DLT40 tape device will not unload the tape.

Here is the question: How do I eject the tape now that I have aborted?

Thanks,

-Brett

Try a force eject to see if the tape will unload.To perform a force eject power off the drive (If it is internal power off the system)remove the scsi cable,repower the system or drive and hold the eject button for 30 seconds to a minute.The tape should eject.Also here is a Url thatexplains how to remove a stuck tape:

What I would advise is if the drive is under three years then contact HP technical support to get it replaced if the tape fails to eject after a force eject.If you attempt to open the casing then you will invalidate the warranty of the drive.If the drive is over three years then I would try the instructions on how to manually removing a tape from a DLT.

Hope this helps

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back