Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to uninstall a program that can't uninstall itself properly 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PauserBR

Programmer
Jan 25, 2007
BR
I have a problem that has been annoying me for a long time. I got in contact with Cadopia, the distributor of a CAD program, and asked for a trial period with Cadopia. After trying many other options, I decided for another CAD and thanked Cadopia for the test. Then, I uninstalled Cadopia, following the usual procedures and there began my problems. Whenever I booted my micro, I had many times a window named "CADopia Standard 6", with the message "Error 1311. Source file not found: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Data1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.". This window was followed by a second, with the same name, with the message "Please wait while Windows configures CADopia 6".
I sent many messages to CADopia's support and they simply ignored them. Then, I decided to call them, reported my problem, and heard the absurd advice: "Reformat your HD that the problem will be solved". Considering that I have many registered programs and that everything else is working fine, except for this problem caused by CADopia, I tried to erase all the ocurrences of CADopia in the register.
Now, whenever I boot the micro or try to install a new program, I have two new windows:
1. Name of Window: "Windows Installer"
The installed product does not correspond to the origins of the installation. That action can just be executed after a corresponding origin is given or the installed product and the origin are syncronized" (translated from Portuguese).
2. Same name
Preparing to install
Usually, this annoying message desappears after clicking "CANCEL" a few times. But if I try to install a new program, it appears again, disturbing the installation process. I have all the messages sent to CADopia, all of them simply ignored. The advice I got thru my phone call to support is useless. Any help?

I once had this with another pice of crapware, oh yeah, Zone Alarm.

Download a copy of CC Cleaner and run the Cleaner and Registry cleaner parts (it asks if you want to back up the registry).

Worked a treat for me....

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Thank you for your prompt answer, but it did not solve the problem. After using CCleaner in the Cleaner and Registry Cleaner parts, the problem continues. I tried many cleaners, but all of them failed to kill the lousy remains of CADopia. I am not owner of the truth, but I do think a company should be responsible for the uninstallation of their programs, mainly when it is in a trial period. I found something much better and I am being punished because it never occurred to me that a company like CADopia could be irresponsible and insensitive to the needs of their potential clients.

Check your AutoStart programs...

Also check in the REGISTRY for possible services that got installed by the CAD prog...

* Click Start | Run and type regedit in the Open: line. Click OK.
* Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
* Scroll down the left pane, locate the service name, right click it and select Delete.
* Reboot the system

Clean the MS Installer using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Thank you very much, BadBigBen. Apparently, the problem is solved. I tried a few boots and I didn't see the annoying message. With Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, I erased all the lines I could not recognize. So far, everything is fine. The main advantage of all that imbroglio is that I will always remember cadopia as a company to be forgotten.

Glad to see that you got it cleaned and running smooth...

I don't know that firm (CADopia) so I can't judge about their quality...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

I sent the link of this page to cadopia's support, under the subject "Maybe you can learn something reading the material below".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back