Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Unfreeze Inven Qty in Cycle Count sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstrahm

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2007
US
Macola 7.5

We noticed that during the month closing, the cycle count sheet shows "frozen" qtys/dates. How do we clear this or unset the "frozen" values. Change of accnt people. Not sure why this was ever done. Don't think we ever used the frozen qtys.

7.5.what? Please click on help about and give us the full version of your software.

There is no way to "unfreeze" inventory. You choose to use of not use the frozen qty every time you perform a physical or cycle count. There is a "use frozen qtys" checkbox.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

7.5.102c

We have a single batch shown that has the "Use Frozen" qty checked. I guess we need to uncheck that. But it won't let us edit that batch it seems. How do we get a batch created or edited so that us unchecked?

You would have to delete the batch, and then create a new one. Note if you have entered tags you would loose them.

What is/was wrong with using the "Use Forzen" flag ?

My understanding :

Use Frozen means :
I create a batch and item x has 10 on hand when I create the tags. Any transaction that are dated on/before the freeze date, will reduce the frozen qty. So for example, I my freeze date was 11/30 and I ran the the tags on 11/25. On 11/28 I shipped 5x's. On 11/30 a cycle count is done and 4 pieces were counted. It takes a day to enter everything. Transaction are started dated > than frozen date. Mid-day 12/1 the batch will be posted. When posted the trx generated will be:
Originally Onhand was 10
11/25 shipments -5 (updated the frozen)
-------------------------
Frozed Balance 5 (at posting time)
Counted 4
-------------------------
Difference 1
=========================

Quantity Adjustment made for -1 to inventory.

Without the "Use Forzen" check box, a completely different transaction is performed. Basically what ever you count, replaces what ever your current inventory is at the time of posting. The batch has to be posted after all transactions are completed for November, and no transactions can be processed for December, until tags are posted.

>> You would have to delete the batch and create new one

That's what I thought.

>> Note if you have entered tags you would loose them.

Have no idea what tags are, so I guess we are not using them.

>> What is/was wrong with using the "Use Forzen" flag ?

The cycle count sheet comes out showing "frozen qtys", but what good is that? If we are suppose to check physical qty, than we need the "qty on hand" value don't we?

>> Use Frozen means

Thanks for the explanation. However I don't think we are using anything with tags. We are an OEM and we use serial numbers on finished goods. I do not think we use anything to do with tags, frozen dates. We just want the inventory qty updated.

My expectation is that a sale/invoice qty should simply decrease the qty on hand. The cycle count sheet should just reflect the new/remaining inventory level. That is what we would count physically which is what I thought the cycle count sheet was for. To verify inventory at end of the month.

We expect the qty to be merely adjusted/decremented based on sales, and increased based on production. I see no relevance to this idea of frozen dates and such.

[Without the "Use Forzen" check box, a completely different transaction is performed. Basically what ever you count, replaces what ever your current inventory is at the time of posting. The batch has to be posted after all transactions are completed for November, and no transactions can be processed for December, until tags are posted.]

That leaves me scratching my head. If we start with 20 items at the beginning of the month, and we sell 15 during the month, the remaining count should be 5 at the end of the month right? I expect Macola to do that math automatically. Why would we want the qty to be anything else?

Sorry if my understanding is lacking, but do we want/need to use this frozen counts, tags, for our purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back