Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to undo a stored procedure without it firing in MS SQLServer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duquane

Programmer
Nov 15, 2005
US
We are running Crystal 8.5 and using a connection to a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database. I copied an existing Crystal Report and renamed it, so I could make changes to it without interfering with the production version.

When attempting to alter the stored procedure name as a data source, using Database/Set Location command, we end up with the original stored procedure being fired in the database and have to kill it because of blocking.

No doubt this is operator error, but I'm a bit gun-shy at this point.

If you repoint to another Stored Procedure, the original will not fire.

So this implies that you are NOT repointing to another copy of the stored procedure, rather editing some name or some such, broiwse out the SP in the other datasource.

If you're using ODBC, you can try to repoint the ODBC to the other database.

No idea what you mean by blocking, but if you're concerned with Locking, then the person coding the SP should use a nolock reference on the tables within the SP.

-k

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back