Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to turn off Name Autocorrect by default? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsteph

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
Hi all,
In Access 2003, I know how to turn off Name AutoCorrect after the fact, but every new mdb has this set by default.

This "feature" still causes utter horror and catastrophic disaster because I forget to instinctively turn it off upon creation. Is there some registry setting or something that will make the default new .mdb *not* have this?
Thanks
--Jim

genomon,
Thanks, I think I'd come across that before...but is there a way to have the macro 'global', ie, run automatically without my input every time Access (not the .mdb) is opened without a database, so that upon creation of any new mdb that option is off.

Because if I currently forget to turn the option off I'll certainly forget to run a macro.
--Jim

genomon,
This still requires creating the macro in every new mdb. I think Jim was looking for a "once and for all" solution that doesn't require making any changes or updates in a new mdb.

I have a bunch of code, forms, tables, etc that I want to include in almost every application I create. When I want to begin a new project, I copy and rename my "AP.MDB". I have all the basic options set in my template AP.MDB. I have a similar DT.MDB with standard tables.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Duane, just to know:
there is no template mechanism in access ?

PH,
I'm not sure what you are asking. You can create an use templates. I generally consider these a bit more focused to a specific type of application.

You can also create references to other Access files to re-use code etc.

I feel more comfortable working with a standard MDB that has all of my tools and functions available.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

My real question was:
Why copying and renaming a db instead of create one based on a template ?

How are ya jsteph . . .

Perhaps AutoCorrectOff Add-in will do ...

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

AceMan,
That link is unreachable...as is the main site of pointltd.com. I checked Google's cached page and it appears to have been valid as of 11/11/2009, so it might just be a temporary thing. It sounded promising though!
--Jim

Link was out (IE8 & FireFox) at 08:30 CST and still out at 11:15 CST. Weird, too - no 404 screen.

Cogito eggo sum – I think, therefore I am a waffle.

OK, that site is back up, I downloaded the thing and it works! Thanks very much,
--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back