Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfer TN´s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornli

Programmer
Sep 15, 2005
DE
Hi guys,

I have to transfer a lot of users from Option 11 to another. Is there a way to copy the TN´s cause all set information can be kept in the new switch ?

Thanks in advance
bornli

not in an 11, a dual cpu switch gives you some options.. checkout some of the script post we have posted here.. for me to transfer sets from one switch to another it would be almost a download and an upload using aspect scripts.. other then that it's a prt and retype

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Are you transferring from 1 Option 11C to another Meridian switch? If so, and you are using MAT or OTM, then you can go to EDIT from the Station ADMIN screen do a GLOBAL UPDATE on the SYNC STATUS, Change from TRN to NEW. Connect to the new switch after you are all set up and then transmit to the new switch.

MIKE

i don't use otm, i didn't know you could get a lic to cover the new switch on the old otm lic. i guess that would make since, i have installed it for a network of a dozen switches. i know a managenent os call phone master, has that feature.. you can mark a card new and change the tn and put it back in.. one of my customers used it to move phones out to remotes.. for me a script running the mov command from an excel is faster... a lot of it what you are comfortable with

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back