Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfer the PSTN phones by routers?Worrying,Thx!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

parazhang

MIS
May 13, 2003
US
A department of my company has two PSTN analog lines with phone numbers +82402510086 and +82402510087,but now they moved to another place,and they want to keep their phone numbers.
That is to say,I want to link the two telephone lines to one of the cisco routers and then connect to their new office through internet.We now have the Internet connection between two sides.
Now I have some cisco 2600 and 3600 routers,and some NM-2V with FXS and FXO interface cards.
Could there be someone please tell me whether it is possible to keep the former numbers with my devices on-hand, and how?

Thanks indeed.

Yes, You can retain both your telephones...at your new office.
You need Cisco call manager (any version), and you need to establish LAN to LAN connectivity between both offices using your Cisco 2600 router, and need to configure a Cisco PSTN gateway , plus you need to purchase Cisco 7940 / 7960 phones.

In all the above setup there is lot of money involved, better you can apply for retaining same number in your new office, provided both offices are in same city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back