Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfer my mail folder from /opt/groupwise/mail to /mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashlyjay

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2008
NO
Hi guys,

SLES 9.0
Groupwise 7

Currently, My groupwise mail is installed in /opt/groupwise/mail and i believe that my current HDD is low on memory. Ive bought a new HDD and mounted on my /mail. My question is how to transfer my mail folder from /opt/groupwise/mail to /mail and how to configure my groupwise console one to point my mail to a new location which is /mail?

Hope you can help me guys.

use the tool 'dbcopy' which should be run from /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin

Look up the syntax and make sure you copy any relevant DOMAIN and POST OFFICE files. You don't mention specifics in your post.

Once you've done that, you need to modify the startup configuration files. They are in /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/share and are usually the name of your post office, mta, etc. for example:

gringopo.poa (my post office name)
gringodm.mta (my domain name)
gwia.cfg
webac70a.waa (check name on this)

Each of these contain path names that you'll need to change to the new location. Then go into ConsoleOne and change any references of the old location to the new location. SHould be on the Domain object, Post Office object, and a few scattered here and there on webacc and gwia.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Instead of trying to fiddle with config files and C1, mount the drive to [blue]/opt/groupwise/mail[/blue] once you get the files copied. Update [blue]/etc/fstab[/blue] to reflect the change in mount points, start groupwise and you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back