Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfer MS Office from old 98 to XP machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlt206

Programmer
Apr 26, 2004
CA
I am migrating my old laptop to a new desktop. The old Laptop uses Win 98 an the new desktop uses win xp.

I have been through the transfer wizard but it does not move the office apps. If I move them it tells me that they are not configured for this OS. Short of reinstalling everything is there an alternative?

Thanks!

You want to transfer actuall applications?

As far as I'm aware all that you transfer is Documents and user settings and not sure but I only thought this works between Windows XP machines.

I would recommend you to install all the apps you want to run under windows xp and then copy across documents and files you need.

. The FAST wizard will run on non-XP machines. Start the FAST wizard from XP and select the option to create a floppy disk FAST wizard.

. For applications my strong preference would be a reinstallation of the application software. But there are third-party tools; e.g. Spearit's Move Me:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back