Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfer call back to other extension from cell phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cain12

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2005
US
By setting up route, we can send call to cell phones. But if the person on the cell phone needs to transfer the call back to internal extensions, what can they do? Is there a list of command they can type to transfer calls to extensions or voice mail?

NOPE, YOU HAVE JUST LEFT THE SYSTEM

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

What other options do we have to allow remote user transfer calls to other extension, check voice mail, etc? All other brand phone systems allowing certain escape sequence on keypad to be used as control keys to access system features.

I disagree with you Cain... only time I've ever seen a 'take the call back' is if there is an adjunct inbetween that is specifically looking for that function. LD carriers offer that (take back and transfer) on 8xx service, and it's like $20k to setup and $1k/month just to have the feature, not counting usage..... I don't now of any system that can do that with an 'off network' destination.

that having been said, if there is a smaller system that has the feature, it would be _great_ to know about!

One of our older phone system called "TeleVantage", PC based phone system has that. Remote user can push "**"
to get into command mode. It also using voice prompt to let you know all the options. I don't think that is hard to be implemented, since phone system can watch what is going back and forth and pickup certain "escape sequence" for invoking command mode. The whole system for 8 incoming line and 16 extensions is only $3500, that include voicemails and auto-attendant.

The only thing I don't like that system is the PC producing heat and phone closet getting really warm in summer.

thanks Cain! May have to look for that... is that the system that was put out by the Lantastic folks (artisoft?) Will have to go google....

Just looked their site again, it is called Verticle now (used to be called artisoft). The price is higher now, but it supports VOIP and IP phones.

I like Norstar system that no fan, generating little heat, low failure rate on components, capability to do sophiscated routing rules. But I also like Televangtage easy to use for both administrator and end user, rich in features.

The feature I missed most in Norstar compares to Televantage is lacking the ability to have remote user transfer the call using the phone system features. Since Norstar already through ATA support those escape sequence, it can easily replace the "flash" with "**" allowing remote user using the phone system features. I don't know why they do not add that feature to fit the trend that many companies allowing people working remotely these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back