Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to transfer AD and exchange 2000 to a new domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbir

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2003
US
I have to migrate four units in to one. Each of the unit is currently running their own windows 2000 domain with exchange 2000. I have Windows 2000 domain created and exchange 2000 running for the new combined unit. How do migrate users from each of the old domain and also import their exchange mailboxes to the new windows 2000 domain? Thank you soo much for your help. PLEASE let me know cuz this is driving me crazy.

With In Domain Manager you can copy mailboxes to a different server. (right click on the name and click on Move mailbox)
I think that how it is done. Moving all users to one domain I dunno at the moment :(

agbor,
Thanks for the help. I used that tool to migrate the user account but i couldn't get it to work for migrating the exchange. I got Exmerge to extract all the mailboxes to files and import it into the new exchange server. its a kinda long process but i got it to work. Thanks so much again.

Hi sibbir- am glad it worked...
take care and have a nice one...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back