Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Test Jsp Web Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecuber

Programmer
May 13, 2005
IT
I Have to test a "classic" web application.. no framework is used here... plain jsp that write to a db... but there's a lot of form and javascript for validation and some pop-up windows and frames too...
i need a tool that can fill the form and then check if data are written correctly, that a new record is listed and so on...
i'm looking for trying jakarta cactus & jmeter what else i could do to avoid manual testing!?!??!

Thanks in Advice

Classic web app" - I like that :)

I think JUnit has some webapp testing suite too.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

I found something great!!!

is a web test tool very close to what i'm looking for:

First - i don't have to write a looong test class like other: it create a local proxy server, and then can record all the navigation post and so on and then replay it...

BUT i don't know how deeper goes the test... i mean in that html input there's the right thing? for the right reason?
that checkbox is checked? for the right reason?

the alert & confirm javascript are executed???

PS i use netbeans but i can't find a way to integrate junit even if there's some instruction in the junit web site..

Thanks All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back