Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to test HIS2000 Backup Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chach

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2006
US
Greetings. I have two Windows Server 2003 boxes, each running HIS2000 in the same subdomain. Box A has all it's link services, connections, and LU's configured and is designated as the primary server in the subdomain. Box B has nothing configured on it and has been designated as a backup in the subdomain. I can verify that the configuration file is being copied from the primary server to the backup when a change is saved to the configuration. Past that I'm unable to tell if the backup is actually acting as a backup. If shutdown all the SNA services on Box A and change Box B to become a primary server, nothing seems to happen. I don't see any of the LU's or other connection specific information in Box B's configuration. How can I make sure that Box B is configured correctly and how can I test it's ability to be promoted in case Box A fails? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back