Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to terminate a process - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurya

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
ES
Hi everybody,

I have a serious problem with my Application in Delphi - it never ends!

There is an Exit Button in the main Form. Its Event Handler closes everything and makes some additional tasks. Then comes the FormClose EventHandler. And then, even if I use 'Application.Terminate' you can see that the application has closed, but the process still appears in the Task Manager of Windows!

What can I do to force the process to end?. Anybody has experienced this before?

Please, give me a clue. ;-)

Thanks in advance,

NURYA

You could try Halt but be careful since this one termintates the program abnormally.

Though it seems that there is already something abnormal already happening in your program.

You can try this and if it works you should propably try to find out what causes this abnormal behaviour of the program. And if even the Halt fails, you'll have to find it out anyway.

Do you only see this problem when launching your application from the Delphi IDE.
I had a simular problem with Delphi 4 under Win98SE where the program was still listed in the Task Manager after closing this usually happed afer an exception forced a close.
Upgrading to Win XP solved it.

Steve
Be excellent to each other and Party on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back