Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to tell what devices are logged into a switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggmopp

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hi all

I am new to this EMC stuff.
I have been doing some zoning of hosts/devices without issues using ECC 5.1.1.

I have been asked to zone a tape library (TLU) so that a host can see it. Done, the host can see the drives and robot no problem. Find out later that this TLU has it own internal router with it. It is present to allow for X-copy (extended copy). I called EMC support because I could not find the WWN of the TLU router to zone it. Turns out the TLU router was not logged into the switch. EMC was using the Connectrix Manager to verify this. What is the Connectrix Manager? Is it a licensed product?

No, connectrix manager is the switch's internal software to manage zones and switch...the name tells me that you have McData switched (with the OEM name Connectrix)... actually, softwares like ECC gives you only a front-end GUI to use the switch's internal software. All switches has its own software, ECC give you the same GUI for all switches (Brocade, McData, Cisco).

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back