Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to tell the last shown time for a Powerpoint presentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpruett

Programmer
Jul 22, 2005
US
I need to be able to see when an old powerpoint presentation was last shown as a slide show (F5), as opposed to when it was last modified.

I need to do this for a pre-existing presentation, not for future ones, so it needs to be something that Powerpoint does by default, although using VBA to dig it out is fine

Does that make sense? Thanks in advance,

Mark

all i can this is make it a pps (auto running show) then look at the last accesed time?
i will look @ it in vb to see what i can find but i have not seen anyhting like it b4
hope this helps

Nah... don't worry about it. I tried MD5 hashing the before and after presentation .ppt files, and there is no change.

The last-date-accessed doesn't change unless you actually do something to it; just viewing the presentation doesn't change it.

you can go complicated and write some code to change somthing or to do somthing when run. like make a txt file somwhere with the run dat or somthing like that
yse the fso to do this and their should be an event you can play with in powerpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back