Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to tell if DID Trunk active

Status
Not open for further replies.

hebgbz

Programmer
Apr 8, 2003
US
New to Telecommunications. From the Bell demark, how do you tell if a DID trunk is working or active? Do you do something with a buttset or what?

Thanks.

go across the tip and ring and go off-hook and dial an extension in your switch 3-4 digits,phone should ring and you should be able to talk to them OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

also you can check to see if you are getting traffic on all of them. go to LD 36 and do a LDIC C R c is your cusomer number and r is the route number. it will spit out all your trunks you may have to do it once to clear the peg count and then do it again tomoorow to see if you have any that have no traffic OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

PerryPJ,
What governs the disconnect on a DID if the calling party doesn't hang up?

PhM

The RDB
NEDC=(ORG) or ETH
FEDC=(ORG) or ETH orJNT or FEC

ORG=originatind end
ETH=either end
FEC=far end
JNT=joint

LOOP start may be be either ETH or ORG

Thanks for the tips. I tried the Ld 36 LDIC commands in several of my switches (manage over 50 PBX's) and they always came up saying 0 day(s). Didn't matter which member I did that on or if I did the whole route. I even did the LMAX command to see which member of many different routes had the max number of idle days and without exception the first member of each route would come up with 0 days.

Seems to me something isn't working right with that command. Surely they all wouldn't be 0.

Just thinking out loud I guess...

Zero indicates that you are receiving calls on all your trunks, if it says 2-3-4-5 that is the amount of days gone by without traffic OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

LDIC stands for Last Day Incoming Call. (phonedude10) is correct you must have LD 36 in the MIDS to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back