Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to tell how good a programmer you are 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbarr

Programmer
Sep 15, 2003
US
A friend of mine who has been programming for many years passed this to me. Some of you may have seen this before. The other day I read here a posting from someone asking how does one know what level a programmer they are. I can't seem to find it today, so I figured I'd just start a new thread.

Thanks for making me remember how old I am!!!!

;-)

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Me too. As if the gray (what's left of it) wasn't bad enough.... ;-)

Jeff
The future is already here - it's just not widely distributed yet...

bbarr:

I almost fell out of my chair!!!!

Thanks I needed that!!

You are welcome.

I have one question for all of you: Where do I learn those CEO skills? ;-)

Any MBA program worth it's salt should be able to teach them.

Bill Gates doesn't have an MBA. Neither does Michael Dell. But George W. Bush does have an MBA. From Harvard.

Make your own value judgements here.

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

but about the only reason he got into Harvard was because his father is an alumni! His SAT scores were below average and if not for his father he would have an MBA from a "regular" college instead of one of the "elite" colleges. Would be interested to see his transcripts from Harvard to see how well he did!

Leslie

lespaul - Is this a political forum or a techincal one?

I'm sensing slight political ideological undertones to that post. Maybe I am wrong, but I think that specific example does not enhance the knowledge base of the forum and is frankly irrelevant.

Sorry if i come across as a cynic, but I think I caught that gene by mistake.

onrdbandit

onrdbandit :

This whole thread does not enhance the knowledge base of the forum and is quite irrelevant.

It is called humor, and given the other posts prior to yours, you seem to be the only one who does not like it.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back