Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to synchronize two forms based on one table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrielbatistuta

Technical User
Jun 21, 2007
US
I have created two forms based on one table "tblEnhancedWorkOrder" with their own underlying queries.

Let's call the table "tblEnhancedWorkOrder" and it is linked to the table "tblProductionRun". For each production run there could be more than one enhanced work order.

If the user select "People Development" under a combo box in the first form "frmEnhancedWorkOrder" the second form "frmEnhancedWorkOrder2" should open.

My problem is how do I synchronize the control in both forms such that they appear automically in the second form. I want to avoid using VBA as much as possible.

The way I have it now, is that two records are created in the table "tblEnhancedWorkOrder" one for each form.

The two forms are based on the same table, so only one record should appear in the table. Since both forms are based on one table they are both linked to production Run.

Thank you.

First to get this to work at all, you will need VBA. Secondly, Access doesn't like having the same record edited at the same time whether or not it is the same user, so I doubt you will achieve the results you want anyway.

I suggest you consider a tab control as an alternate way to show more information at the same time, assuming that is the underlying issue. If not, I am curious as to what is.

If I wanted to use two forms for a record I would open the second form filtered based on the record in the first. You may even get that to work as a parameter query referencing a control on the first form. But there are issues here as the record cannot be new and unsaved. Also moving to a record being edited will prevent you from editing it on the other form. This is just an initial thought to get you going if you decide to still go down the 2 form path.

How are ya gabrielbatistuta . . .

What do the two forms do for you that one will not?

Your problem is you have two forms bound to the same table. Hence the two records . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back