Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to switch from a query file to an ODBC data source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpierce

Technical User
Mar 22, 2001
US
Is it possible to take an all ready designed report, that is based on a Query or Dictionary file, and convert it to get its data from an ODBC data source? I have about 30 reports that use query files and it turns out they are more
trouble than they are worth and I would like to delete the query file and use an ODBC data source. Is it possible or do I have no choice but to redesign my reports?

Mary

I think you will have a problem doing that...the way I change data sources is to open the report in design and and go to database|set location. Here you select a table and press Set Location whereupon you select the ODBC or whatever you want.

now normally I am just converting from one database to another very similar database...anything that that Crystal cannot map is presented to me for manual mapping...having done that it then proceeds to all other subreports to map them as well.

Since your query is presenting final values to Crystal this may be difficult/impossible to do...I would vote for designing the report from scratch myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back