Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to suppress printing entire report within Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewarr

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
US
Hello, my report is scheduled to run daily from Crystal Enterprise sending report as an email with PDF attachment. I would like to suppress printing (no email sent) if the following is true:

Last Update date <> currentdate-1

I am told that suppressing printing from Crystal Enterprise is not possible. If report is scheduled to run daily, an email will always be sent. Is this true?

Thanks

Yes, that is true for the most part. There might be an exception if you use Event-based scheduling, but that would mean running a process in the database that creates a file if there is data available for the report. (I never used CE, went straight from Seagate Info to BusinessObjects, so I'm not sure whether CE has events....)

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back