Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to suppress printing a specific field if result is zero 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewarr

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
US
Hello, my report links 2 tables with a left outer join and compares GOAL to FORECAST using YTD SALES.

Table1 = GOAL, FORECAST
Table2 = YTD SALES

For each record, there are 3 goal buckets and 3 forecast buckets displayed in report but there will only be data for 1 goal and 1 forecast depending on the product. There are 3 categories for each record so I'm allowing space in report to display GOAL and FORECAST for each category.

For example, report displays:

Cat1 Goal = 0
Cat2 Goal = 0
Cat3 Goal = 1000

Cat1 Forecast = 0
Cat2 Forecast = 0
Cat3 Forecast = 900

Users are confused with the "ZERO" fields in report so I would like to suppress them.

Tables join on SKU, REGION and TERRITORY with a left outer join.
Left outer join is used because in many cases Table2 will contain more records than Table1 and I want to display all YTD SALES even if there is not a GOAL, FORECAST for that record.

Thanks for the help.

Are we seeing a formula here? Separate fields? Summaries? You should be able to select whatever it is->right click->suppress->x+2 and enter:

{table.goal} = 0

Or,

{table.forecast} = 0

-LB

These are formulas. It works...thanks! Never saw the suppress function within format field...thanks again!

I'm submitting another post for another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back