Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to suppress auto created client printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

advo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2002
NL
when users logon to a terminal server, their local printers are automatically created on the TS, but other users can see and use them to, how can i suppress them so they can't use them anymore?

Are your users logging on with the same username/password to the terminal server?

To disable LPT port mapping, open the Terminal Services Configuration, right click on the RDP-Tcp connection and choose properties/Client Settings.

This will prevent any user from printing to their local printer.

To allow users to print to their local printers, you'll have to have each user log into the terminal server with their own id.

every user has it's own login/password, but i need to have the auto created local printers for the remote users,
but what i don't want is that users can see/use the local printers from other users ...

so to disable the printer mapping is not the solution ...

Sorry, don't know what's causing that. I've just setup a TS and have not experienced that problem. Each of my users has their own profile and therefore their own printers, and they can't see another users printer session.

Same problem here advo. No matter what user logs in, they can see all of the printers from all of the current active terminal sessions. Let me know if you have any luck finding a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back