Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to sumprint landscape and portrait spreedsheets in EXCEL 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydanny

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
DK
Hi,

Software: W2k Pro SP3, Office 2000 SP3.
Printer: HP Laserjet 4050 with latest drivers.

I have an Excel workbook which consists of 10 sheets which are a combination of landscape and portrait orientations. If I were to print each sheet separately, they would each fit on one page.

However, if I select all sheets at the same time and print them in one go, Excel would print a portrait sheet, then if the next sheet is an landscape one, it would split it into 2 pages, as if the landscape sheet took on the dimensions of a portrait one.

Is there a setting in Excel which I have to check in order to print a book of sheets with varying orientations?

Any info much appreciated,
Danny.

sorry, a typo in the subject, replace "sumprint" with just "print"

Hi DannyDanny
As I understand things, you can't straightforwardly print an entire workbook that has sheets with different orientation.

The solution I use is to write a VBA macro that prints each sheet one at a time but specifying the orientation for each sheet in the print command.

Not a lot of help, perhaps, but there you are.

Barborne
Worcester
UK

Thanks for the reply Draig.

Writing VBA macros is a little out of my league.
Actually, I have had workbooks in the past with sheets of varying orientations and all I had to do was select all sheets and click on print and they would print flawlessly.

But now I have a few Excel files that have the problem I described above. It turns out that the problem is most likely caused by the HP driver, and/or how Excel uses it.
See this thread for a lengthy discussion:

Neither HP nor MS seem to have a solution.....
Looks like there`s nothing I can do while I have a HP printer...

Draig, I'm going to have to disagree - I did this just yesterday. Dannydanny, I think that you will find if you don't select multiple sheets and use File, Print, select 'entire workbook' it will work the way you expect.

Hi smah,

tried this too, but no dice.....
I get the same result.
I might try printing it on a different brand printer.

Thank,
Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back