Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to stop showing one of lines in the middle of graph? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

russula

Programmer
Nov 30, 2006
DE
Hello All!

It is about CR XI. I have graph with Multi-Axes showing two lines. One of these lines goes to the 0 in the middle of graph. It is normal because graph shows Forecast and Actual data and from current_date there is no actual data, only Forecast. At the moment line for actual data falls down to the 0, but it is not correct. I just have to stop showing this line. Is it possible to suppress line in the graph depending on values on the X axis? Something like this:

if {table.month} > month (currentdate) then suppress (?)

Or maybe while calculating actual data it is possible to put NULL instead 0 (I didn't find it in help)?

Is there any solutions?
Thanks in advance for help.

Create a formula {@null} by opening and saving a formula without entering anything. Then use a conditional formula for the summary field in your graph:

if {table.month} <= month (currentdate) then
{table.amt} else
tonumber({@null})

You might need to add in the year, depending upon what you are charting.

-LB

Super! It works! Many thanks, Ibass!

(date comparing is a bit more complex because of some conditions but it is not a problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back