Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to stop registering on the network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elder70

Technical User
Apr 23, 2007
I am running Windows 2000 Professional with an AOpen M56-PX internal modem.

This is a stand alone machine in my home.

When the computer dials into my ISP everything is fine and after registering my user name a password it tries to register the computer on the network and this causes a complete shutdown and the machine has to be rebooted.

There is no network. Is there some way of shutting this down? Any help would be appreciated.

Try IE

Tools/Options/Connection

Click on Never Dial a Connection

Thank you xwb but that did not work either. I have tried four different modems on this Windows 2000 Professional system and at this point I think that my only resource left is to dump Windows 2000 Professional.

Just re-read your stuff. You do want it do dial in. I thought you didn't want it to dial in automatically.

Is this a new install or have you inherited the machine with OS and all.

Thank you for your reply. This is a new install on a clean drive. I don't really want it to dial in automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back