Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to stop "transferring to attendant" when a mailbox is full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trason

MIS
May 6, 2005
US
I have a user that gets a lot of calls. I created a mailbox class that blocks call answering when the mailbox is full. However, now the operator is getting all these calls because it says the mailbox is full, transferring to an attendant. Is there a way to just give the "goodbye" and hang up instead of transferring to an attendant? i cannot seem to find this option anywhere. i thought it might be linked to the revert DN. but removing the revert DN did not change anything. i guess it really is just for when people dial 0.

There is an option in the mailbox "Block Message Call Handling" - either go to revert DN or disconnect.

That option is greyed out. It appears to only be used when the Block Incoming Messages option is set to Always block or a temp greeting is recorded. It seems to be more of an out of service type setting.

Right. I missed the part about blocking when the mailbox is full.
I remember having a similar situation where I made an AppBuilder app that simply disconnected after playing "Goodbye". Then made the revert DN for the mailbox route to the app.

That works. The caller still has to hear two system messages about being transferred. But it gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back