Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to stop Detail splitting on Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedRSki

Programmer
Oct 17, 2010
US
I have a report that prints the employee hours for each day and then sums the hours for the selected period. The Detail section of the report when it reaches the bottom of the report splits with some days on the first page and the rest of the days on the next page. Does anyone know a way to stop this splitting of the detail section? Any help appreciated.

Hello

there is a property keep with first detail this normally lumps the data onto a page or if its too big for what is left of a page it will start the record on the next page.

As you didn't say which version of Access you are using I can't point you to its exact spot, but it should be in the report properties if memory serves me right

goodluck

jo

Thank you, Joanne, for your input. I found it on the Report design. Because I am sorting by the Employee name when I went to the Sort filter on the design, there is an "option" to Keep It All on One Page or not. I set it to keep it on one page and it works. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back