Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to stop backup at specific time automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2001
US
Is there a way in Legato to kill a backup at a specific time? I want my backups to automatically stop if they run past 5AM. Anyone know if that is possible?

Also, is there a way to assign a group a higher priority when it starts so that it puts other groups on hold while it starts? I cannot put it first on the backup list because it has to stop a service at a specific time (11pm), and I cannot wait for my other backups to start after that time.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yes, you can stop a backup at a certain time. "savepnpc" has such option (timeout). Please read the Admin Guide for details.

No, you cannot assign a higher priority to a group. However, you can assign a different priority to the clients.
I've never tested whether this works even crossing groups.

No, the savepnpc timeout will cause the post processing scrpt to start shortly after the timeout has occurred, even if the backups are not finished for the client in question. The savepnpc timeout does not stop the backups that are still happening in the savegroup. This is documented in the Admin guide.

Of course, you could put into the post procesing scripts a routine to kill any save processes running on that client, or a nsradmin routine to tell networker to stop a savegroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back