Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to start? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aamirtech

Technical User
Sep 9, 2019
IN
How can i start blogging? Is there anyone who can help me. I am new in blogging and I want your help. techiwar this is my website, how can I get more visitors?

I've heard Wordpress is pretty good. You can self host it or have someone else host it. It's open source so your cost of entry is pretty low.

If you don't mind being in front of a camera, I know some people that VLOG (Video Blog).

I used to have a blog on LiveJournal a long time ago. It was/is a pretty good site.

I've used both Blogspot and Wordpress. Of those two, Blogspot is very much easier for getting started. Wordpress has more features but is also more complicated, at least for beginners.

With Blogspot, you don't have to host it yourself. The hosting is free and does not have adverts inserted (except those that you choose to put in yourself).

Whichever one you use, it is a good idea to register your own domain name. It looks more professional than having Blogspot or Wordpress in your URL.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back