Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to start studying linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charu

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2001
IN
Hello,
I want to start Studying linux.I am aware of certain unix commands.
so which book should i refer?
Please guide me.

There are thousands of books. I´ve always liked O´reillys though. Don´t know if they have one of those "linux bible" books. But that is something to look for as well. /Sören

Hi,

There are a number of 'free' online books on linux at . If this doesn't work for you just go to and navigate from there.

Most of those books are around two years old so they're not bang up-to-date. However, they are still largely valid. For hard copy, my personal fave is the SAMS 'Redhat Linux Unleashed' book which happens also to be in the above library. However, that book is obviously oriented around redhat's distribution of linux and may not be the best choice if you end up using debian or another non-redhat based distro.

See also and .

Rgds

Dear Charu,
I would suggest you to go and see the HOWTO"s
at have a good store of howto's.If
you want to search something you can go at Oreilly's book are very good especially the networking one
i.e Network Administrator's Guide.
Start from RedHat Linux 6.2 that is stable and then you
can catch up with higher versions
You can catch up some mailing lists one of them is the
can go there and check out.

Good Luck!!!!
Krischrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back