Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to split report for Printing purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonHeath

Technical User
Feb 23, 2004
GB
Hi all,

I have a report that generates a list of job applications for vacancies at our company. These applications are 7 or 8 pages per application and we can have up to 100 applicants for a job, so as you can imagine the report generated is a lengthy document.

The problem is I'd like to be able to make the printing of this document easier by getting the printer to treat each application seperately and possibly even staple each application seperately. Is there a way of making Crystal Reports tell the printer to treat each record as a seperate print job?

We are using Crystal Reports 10.

Many thanks.

Not through Crystal. Is this sitting on an Enterprise Server? If so you might be able to handle this through some .net or .jsp or vb code to break the report up for printing and send it with specific print commands to the printer.

The stapling thing, I am unsure about that. Someone with printer coding experience might be able to help on that.

Thanks so much!
satinsilhouette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back