Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to split environments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frbutler

Technical User
Nov 2, 2005
US
I have to split my NBU environment. I have a media server in 1 state and a master server in another. How do I promote the media server into a master and still retain all of the historical data on tape?

Getting the media server to be a master is not really the problem, it is keeping the prior backups to tape from when it was a media server.

Any idea's guys? Bob?

Thanks,

Frank

Frank,

I have never done this, so take this with caution lol. First, I'd backup the catalog and copy it somewhere. Also copy any/all scripts, etc. that always get overwritten when you install a new version or a patch.
Next, I'd upgrade to the same level of Master server that your media server is now. If you want to upgrade versions from there, you can do it after you verify this is successful.
Then, if your catalog is gone, you can just import it, and if it's not then you should be all good.

I definitely would recommend testing this if at all possible. Good luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back