Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to specify filters for held messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veroL

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
FR
Hello,
I have the following question: for the moment, i am sending a trap to the unicenter TNG console from a unix server using the "awtrap" command. the TNG console receives my trap and it appears on the "event console window" in the "log message pane". I would like it to appear also in the "held message pane" because it requires operator's attention. So, my question is the following: is it possible to set a filter to tell the TNG console which kind of messages must appear in the "held message pane" or, do my traps must match certain criterias (that cannot be modified) to appear in it? If so, how can i do it? Please help. I have searched in the online books and all i found about setting message filters is about the log message pane.
Thank you in advance

Hello veroL,
you need to define a 'message record' and a 'message action'. Proceed as follows:
1. In a dos box enter: caugui msgrecord
2. In the 'Message Records' window select Message > New
3. In the 'Message Id' field enter the trap messages as it appears in the log pane (you can use wildcards). Optionally you can set other criteria filters.
4. Press File > Save. Press the Action button.
5. In the new window press Selected > New
6. Enter a sequence number (like 10)
7. As Action select SENDKEEP
8. Optionally change Attribute and Color
9. If you like to have a different text shown, enter it in the Text field.
10. Save everything
11. Enter 'opreload' in the command field of the EM Console in order to reload the database.

I hope this helps you

Regards
Leandro

Thank you very much, it is just what i needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back