Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to shut down vms and then esxi hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzn

MIS
Jan 28, 2005
GB
I have been messing around with different scripts that will shut down the whole datacenter in the event of high temperatures due to aircon failure. We have recently purchased Avtech Device MangeR to monitor high temperatures and power failures. The reason for monitoring the power failures is our aircon is not on a UPS, so I would like to notified via sms and email so I can take corrective action.

My thought was to have Device ManageR execute a script on the Vcenter to shut down the whole enviroment gracefully in the event of high tempeartures. From what I have gathered so far this might need to be carried out on a seperate physical server/pc as currently as soon the Vcenter goes down the script stops and at that point the esxi hosts are not shut down.

Has anyone done something similar? or could maybe point me the right direction.

I am using ESX4.1 and Vcenter 4.1

Any help appreciated. Many thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back