Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to show text

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROXI

Vendor
Sep 16, 2003
US
I am VERY new to sqls and I need to make some text appear in my string, and I don't know how to do it. This is what I have right now.

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT into History (user, login, Action) VALUES ('" & Access.CurrentUser & "', #" & Now() & "#, " &[bold] "Deleted Record #" & Me.borrower[/b] ') "

I want the bold statement to appear in the Action column of a table that I have, but it just doesn't want to work.

And also, Is there a way that I can make this statement work in a macro. It errors at the " #" & Now() & "#, " Part.

Thanks in advance

PROXI

Thanks,

Shadd Parker

Shadd -

If I understand your problem correctly -- that you want an Access macro to insert a row into a SS table -- then your solution is entirely an Access one, requiring Access operators, formulas, syntax, etc.

From Access menus, use File, Get External Data, Link Tables, and establish a "link" to the SS table. It will then be available in your Access database pretty much like any native Access table, and you can run your Insert statement there. For more help constructing your Access query, try forum 23951.

John

Whoops.

No, 23951 is how many members they have. It's forum 701.

John

If you are using Access, you should be posting in an Access related forum like John suggested. This forum is NOT for SQL, it's for Microsoft SQL Server.

-SQLBill

my apologies. Read the forum title wrong

Thanks,

Shadd Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back