Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to show a nav bar the right way

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman1010

Programmer
Jan 2, 2008
US
OK, so my designer made a really cool navigation bar but it's kinda stumped me as to the best way to display it without going nuts with lines of extra code.

It has a mouseover which will change the blue tabs to green, and when you mouseover, the subnav will display. In addition, when you are on a particular page, the tab will highlight green to show where you are, in addition to the regular mouseovers on any tab.

Attached is a self-contained zip with the website thus far. I know I could do this with PHP and a whole bunch of IFs, but there's gotta be a better, less-taxing way to do this with an algorithim instead.

Any ideas?

I notice that you have asked 28 questions, but not marked any answers as valuable. If you really haven't had any useful answers, read faq222-2244 to see how to ask better questions. If you have had useful answers, see faq222-2244 to see how to mark them so others may may find them.

For this question, have you looked at Son of Suckerfish?

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

There are loads of great css showcase websites out there that have sample code and examples you can just plug and play with.

johnwn- thanks for reminding me.

tyutghf- i've been googling for a while and couldn't really find anything specific to my issue. It's really more of the approach i'm having trouble with- because of the overlaps in the tabs, it's not as straightforward as if the tabs were more separate (vertical separator lines vs. curved/diagonal lines).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back