Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to share phone directories between branches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali000

Technical User
Jun 5, 2009
GB
Hi Everbody,
Our company has to branches one in London the other one in Las Vegas. Both branches using Avaya phone system.
There is no problem extensions from one branch to call extensions in the other one.
My problem is that extensions from one branch do not get listed in phone directory of the other branch.
I managed to add extentions from one branch in directory of the other one
by creating virtual extentions for users of the first branch in second branch
and direct it through Coverage Remote by putting the actual extension number in the box.

The problem with this is when I call an extension on the other branch if not answered, I am not able to leave a message.
Any help would be very much appriciated.
Thanks

If the sites are DCS'd together, there is a special development feature that allows for a DCS-wide directory. The special development would need to be installed in each switch. Contact Avaya or your Business Partner for pricing information & availability.

Kevin

Be careful of special development products!!!!

They're usually super pricy, and have to be repurchased each time you upgrade.

You're better off finding a directory feature that doesn't live on the PBX, such as the LDAP directory application for VoIP stations.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back