Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to share a common filter across multiple queries in Report Studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim86

MIS
Jan 19, 2010
US
I need to apply a common filter to several different queries in a Report Studio report. It is a list of "in" values. Occasionally, the report user wants to tweak their list, so I have to go into every query and update the filter list. Besides taking extra time, this is risky, because if I forget to update one of the queries, the data will be inaccurate. Is there a way to create a shared filter, which I only need to edit in one place, but it can be shared by several of the queries in my report?

By the way, this is not a prompt...it is a pre-set filter which I authored into the report.

In FM you can define a standalone filter that allows you to drag into Report studio reports. However, you will need to republish for the changed filter definition to have its changes applied.

Ties Blom

Thanks...that's a good idea, and I had thought of that, but I was hoping for a solution within Report Studio. Then our FM admin doesn't need to get involved every time they want to tweak the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back