Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to setup test network enviroment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerunkevin

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a test network enviroment?

I have read the following info but I'm still what confuse as to how to make not route to the production domain so that nothing is happening.
How do I create a different subnet so that it have internet and the routing does not disturb the production domain?

Below is article I read.
There are two network cards in each server. One should be connected to the main LAN and the other should be connected to the other server that is a member of the cluster - via a second hub or a crossover cable. This second network should be on a separate subnet from the main LAN and routing should not be turned on so there is no communication between the two LANs. Your WINS,DNS and other services that will be running on these servers should be bound to the main LAN (if bindings are applicable).

Best regards
Kevin Z
Techncial Support specailist

You basically have to have another router.

Test LAN-> RouterA-> RouterB-> Internet

Have the Default gateway of the test LAN be RouterA. Then add a route in router A to 0.0.0.0 defaulting to RouterB. You may want to set up a DNS server on the test LAN also, so that you won't need to contact the main LAN for name resolution....

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back