Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup Remote desktop outside of LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinrx7

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2006
US
I am trying to setup remote desktop so that i can access the server and workstation from my laptop at home. I can access everything fine when i have my laptop connected to the domain so i know that remote desktop is correct but i cant access the domain or anything else connected with the server when im at home. I need help setting up the firewall and opening the correct ports and anything else that needs to be done. I am using windows 2003 server and linksys/cisco RV0041 VPN router. I went into the router settings but dont want to start making changes unless im sure of what im doing.
any help?

well first find out if your office has a static IP address and if it dosnt you can get a dynamic dns for free at
then you need to setup your router in your office to route the incoming port to the server or pc in your office

its a very simple setup

I will try my best to help others so will others do!!!!!
IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back