Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup LOV in the Applications.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgreen

Programmer
Feb 20, 2003
CA
I have made a Report which uses a User Parameter which uses a select statement to fill a list of values.
Property palette -> List of Values -> Select Statement

In developer it works. I am able to select a value from the list and run the report. I don't know how to set this up in the Applications. I have tried and failed now I need some help. Thanks to all who help.

I tried that and it doesn't work.

In order to help we need to know the failure symptom.

[sup]Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.[/sup][sup] ~George Bernard Shaw[/sup]
Consultant/Custom Forms & PL/SQL - Oracle 8.1.7 - Windows 2000

If I understand correctly, you can create an LOV(with a select statement) as a report prompt on the reports parameter form(within the report itself) and run it just fine(using report builder). Are you trying to create report prompt screen outside the actual report which would then launch the report? Is your App on the web? Do you get error messages?

Yes, I am trying to have the parameter form appear to get the user to enter/choose parameters. I did use a parameter form in the Reports developer but I am unable to set up the parameter form up in the Apps. We are 11.5.3 Apps right now so all is web based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back