Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Setup Local Email Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottge

Technical User
May 2, 2005
US
I am attempting to set up a localized email server on a Windows XP computer. The purpose of this is to have an email server that is on my computer and that will send email from my computer to my computer, with no network connections. Basically, I want to have the local email server send mail to a local email client, namely Outlook Express in this case, and receive it on my local machine. I am attempting to set up a demo, and would like to enable this functionality, but am unsure how to. Is this possible and, if so, what do I need to do to allow for this? Thank you.

I downloaded and installed Lacey Mail Server and was able to get this configured to do what I needed it to do by setting my email domain to localhost, and doing the same for Outlook Express.

you want to send yourself an email on the same computer as you have sent it from???? why on earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back